The lunar month of the Vine offers the opportunity to bring your plans to fruition before the winter begins.
The Autumn Equinox, when night and day are of equal length, occurs during the month of the Vine Moon. It helps you realign your energy to prepare for the dark half of the year.
The month of the Vine Moon is a time to value input from others and any networks that are made may prove useful in the future.
Time to Consolidate
Focus on magic that resolves; cast a peace spell to end an argument or use prosperity magic to help you settle bills and pay off existing debts. Magic must be balanced with action now, so use nature's last burst of energy, visible in the vibrant fall colors, to inspire you to complete projects that you started earlier in the year.
Invest in your health during this month by eating foods packed with vitaminC to stave off colds as the weather declines, and boost your energy leveles with herbal drinks.
Fertility and Concentration
The vine is the only plant in the Celtic Tree Calendar not native to northern climes, although it features in much Bronze Age art. It was cultivated by migrants from southern Europe. The name vine comes from the word "viere," meaning "to twist." This refers to the Druidic concept of spiritual development.
Fruits of the Vine
In the colder north, the vine was substituted with blackberries. Both are used in wine, in money spells, and are linked to fairies.
Pictures of grapevines were painted onto garden walls in ancient rome to ensure the fertility of the household.
Eating grapes and blackberries is a magical remedy that aids memory and concentration.
Vine Moon Magic
Use magic during the month of the Vine Moon to restore peace to troubled relationships and to bring prosperity and fertility into your life.
Try the following charms, remedies and spells to stay in tune with the magical powers of the season.
*Catch a falling leaf and make a wish
*Place a grapeseed in a glass of red wine and drink on the night of the full moon to attract riches.
Equinox Peace Spell
Use this spell to bring peace to a troubled relationship or to help heal any dispute.
You will need:
*A white candle
*A white ribbon
*Pen and paper
1. Hold the candle and say, "I dedicate this candle to peace."
2. Write a list of the grievances that caused the conflict.
3. Light the candle and focus on sending love to the other party.
4. Burn the list in the flame saying, "For the sake of peace, I let it go."
5. Light the candle for a few moments each night and focus on peace.
6. Tie the ribbon to a bramble or vine. When the leaves have all fallen, peace will be restored.
Use this ancient spell to help you to be fruitful at this time of the year.
--Place a bunch of grapes in a bowl in your bedroom (or office, if its a project and NOT a baby you're delivering)
--Next, say: "Spirit of Vine, I open myself to your powers."
--Take some time to collect your thoughts and then make your wish.
--Finish the charm by eating a grap and saying: "So let it be."
Use this prosperity pie recipe to bring financial fortune into your life.
You will need:
1. Gather a basket of blackberries, leaving one of your hairs on the vine as an offering of thanks.
2. Wash the fruit in spring water, saying, "Water of life, take my strife."
3. Roll out the pastry and visualize the prosperous life you desire. Line the pie dish with a sheet of pastry
4. Put the fruit into the pie dish, add sugar and say: "Life grows sweet." Try to imagine all golden light entering the fruit mix.
5. Top the pie with more pastry and decorate with vine patterns, saying, "The spell is complete."
6. Bake in a moderate oven for 35 min. and share with friends.